We are so excited to be able to open back up for patient care! Here are some of the things we want you to know about before you come to the office for your next visit. We have made some exciting changes and also some that will keep all of us safe and healthy for the long haul. Our Ballantyne and Rea Farms offices are now open for patient care.
We have a heavy call volume and a new online appointment system which can cause a few slow downs. We encourage you to Text (704) 943-5110 to request your appointment.
- When you call for your appointment, our guest services people will direct you to our patient portal which is part of the updated computer system. It will allow you to update any of your information and have access to your records or message us with any needs.
- When you arrive, our concierge will meet you at the front door and will:
- Ask you our brief COVID questions.
- Check your temperature. If over 100 on 3 consecutive checks, we will ask you to reschedule for another day. Please understand that we would rather see you but want
- Allow you to sanitize your hands.
- Sign into your appointment on our iPad.
- We will ask that you come alone to your appointment unless others with you also have an appointment. Those that are care-givers or parents of minors may accompany them.
- All of our staff will be checking their temperatures every morning and we will be cleaning between every patient throughout the day. They will have to answer the same COVID questions daily.
- If you have a mask, please bring it with you. We have some on order and will be happy to provide them now and in the future if you do not have one already. Our staff will all be wearing masks.
- Starting next week, we will have specific patient care hours for anyone who is more at risk for contacting COVID. Just ask about these times when making your appointment.
- Once the concierge has you ready, our technician will take you for pre-testing to include the Optomap retinal imaging. We have decided to provide as much of our exam as possible with the least amount of touch to provide comfort and safety. The Optomap also allows for the best possible description of your retina. The charge for this service has been reduced from $39 to $34 since we are making this a part of our examination process going forward.
- For those that visit our optical boutique, our frame stylists will guide you through the process and use their expertise to find just the right style and fit for your face!
We will continue this mode of care as long as it is necessary to continue to keep you, our staff and our community safe and comfortable. At Carolinas Vision Group, we care how you see us!
All of our best to you and yours,
The Doctors and Staff of Carolinas Vision Group
Chuck Knudson, OD